Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Experience:  20 years of experience in treating children.
9324755

my 5 year old has a fever of 102.3 and abdominal pain. should

my 5 year old has a fever of 102.3 and abdominal pain. should i take him to the hospital? what could he have thats causing this?
Greetings,

How long the symptoms are present? How frequently do the pain and fever occur? Can you elaborate the precise site of pain, any radiation to other place & if so, where? How are stool & urine? Is there any area of tenderness? Are there other related symptoms? Is there any significant past illness?

Regards.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the fever comes back once the meds wear off and his whole right side is tender to touch but the pain radiates all over his belly. hi is alternating be tween hard stools and soft stools and has thrown up once. he wont eat but will drink water.
When did all the symptoms start? Where did the pain start first?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it started with his belly button and it has been 1 1/2 days sence the fever started. he has complaind of his belly hurting for over a year now. he keeps saying the pain is getting worse.
Thank you for the input.

As the pain has started in the belly button and now it is in the right side of the lower abdomen and it is associated with fever and vomiting, appendicitis should be checked as soon as possible. You should take him to hospital right now. The symptoms can be due to viral infection, gastroenteritis or urinary tract infection too but appendicitis is an important issue and needs urgent intervention, you should not wait more. If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.