Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Experience:  20 years of experience in treating children.

my two and half year old child bowel movement look like turquoise-green

my two and half year old child bowel movement look like turquoise-green color. What does this mean? She is bearly eating and very thirsty.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 4 years ago.

How long the symptoms are there? How frequently she is pasing stool? Is there any other symptom? How is urine? Was any test done? Is there any significant past illness?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
3 days. Past movement three times today. lost of appetite. tongue is pale. not sleeping well. Urine is normal color. No test have done.
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

Green stool occurs when there is intestinal hurry or rapid passage of food through the intestines. This allows less time for bile to get converted its green color to stool color. This can occur in infection of gut. Less intake of food can cause green stool too. When her tongue looks pale, and she has loss of appetite it can be due to infection. When she is thirsty and eating very little, I would recommend to get an examination by doctor. A stool test is necessary to find out any bacterial infection there. Antibiotic can be required. Try to give fluid as much as possible. Any query, please feel free to ask.

It will be my privilege to assist you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The baby's breath is tart and she is irritated...

Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 4 years ago.
It seems that the symptoms are due to infection. she will need antibiotic. If the dehydration is severe, there can be irritation. In small children symptoms can worsen quickly. It is safer to be checked by doctor now.