Dr. Navitsky
Dr. Navitsky, Board Certified Pediatrician
Experience:  US Pediatrician licensed in California living abroad.
60732142

Following on from our conversation, I did two things, firstly

Following on from our conversation, I did two things, firstly I had a good look at the series of photos of little Finley, which his daddy had put on facebook from his birth up to the present,,, Only seeing him on 3 occasions I saw with alarm something that made me shudder - his skull is widening above his ears and seems to be pushing them outwards at an angle. He still had that bigeyed stare... When I saw my daughter the following day (his gran ) I likened it to viewing my lawn which I see every day so dont notice the grass growing ! I showed her the pictures and pointed out what I could see. I also told her that I had been speaking to you.... There is definitely a slight squint and that constant stare. But she disagreed on his age- he is not three and half months old but almost 5 months. She agreed to keep an eye on his development and if there is no improvement she is trying to think of a way to out our concerns to his parents.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr.R.K replied 4 years ago.
what is your question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am so sorry, my PC developed a glitch----however I thought I was continuing the conversation that I had with another consultant last week, when I voiced conserns re my newest Great Granchild. I saw that he had a constant stare, a slight squint, did not move very much and when I last held him, I felt ruckling vibrations at both sides of his chest. I had been told that he was 3.5 months old, but last week was told that he was almost 5 months old. Looking at his photos on facebook I could see a definite widening of his skull - his head is pear shaped with a tiny pointed chin, he has a constant stare and hardly any facial expressions.

Is it possible for you to access my last conversation ?

Expert:  Dr.R.K replied 4 years ago.
http://www.justanswer.com/pediatrics/5r9hh-newest-great-grandchild-born-3-5-months-ago-number.html
The above link is your previous conversation and the expert who assisted you is offline. Would you like to wait till she comes online?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

As this communication is getting very complicated and my pc playing up. I think it best to leave it as it is and if things dont omprove with little Finley - I shall have to make arrangements to go and visit them.

Thank you for your time,

Irene Britton.

Expert:  Dr.R.K replied 4 years ago.
Fine.
You can get back to us anytime.
Expert:  Dr. Navitsky replied 4 years ago.
Hi there I'm sorry I was unable to respond before but I was away from the internet for the weekend. I would go and see them and when you do feel his fontanel the soft spot on top of his head. As you mentioned it is hard to see differences in a child from day to day but snapshots like on Facebook give you comparison's over a time course. If it seems his forehead is growing and is out of proportion with the rest of his face I would be concerned about a head that is growing too fast. This connected to delayed development is concerning. His fontanel or soft spot would be full or even bulging out if there was an issue. His doctor should be following his head growth at each visit in a cm measure. There are many normal individuals however with a triangular forehead, we call this "frontal bossing" and often they end up looking quite normal when older. Good Luck to you!
Experience: US Pediatrician licensed in California living abroad.