Raymond B., M.D.
Raymond B., M.D., Doctor
Experience:  I provide medical care for newborns, children, adolescents and young adults up to age 21 years.
1295807

My 8 year old granddaughter is constantly moving her tongue

My 8 year old granddaughter is constantly moving her tongue around in her mouth and ,licking her lips. She does this when she watching tv and when shes talking =it is very diffucult to have a conversation with her because all you are doing is watching her tongue. She was a premie-is not on any meds but also does have terrible anxiety attacks when bad weather might happen. Should my daughter have her seen? By whom? I feel so bad for the granddaughter when she has these attacks-she is totally out of control.Do you have any suggestions for us?
DearCustomer Have your daughter to set up an appointment with a child psychotherapist through referral from the pediatrician for your granddaughter.