How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Moscatel Your Own Question
Dr. Moscatel
Dr. Moscatel, Board Certified Pediatrician
Category: Pediatrics
Satisfied Customers: 393
Experience:  Double Board Certified: Internal Medicine & Pediatrics, Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics
Type Your Pediatrics Question Here...
Dr. Moscatel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my 11 year old son is complaining of pain in his testicles

Resolved Question:

my 11 year old son is complaining of pain in his testicles it is not enough to keep him from playing outside but i can tell he is uncomfortable i made a appointment with his doctor for wensday i was hoping you could explain what she will be doing im pretty sure he hasnt been examined there before and im a single mom so this is out of my area of expertise thanks
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Moscatel replied 5 years ago.
Hi there- the doctor will examine his testicles manually, by feeling for any lumps or disruption of shape. She will ask if it hurts when examining. She will ask if it hurts when he urinates. She will likely also look for a possible hernia during the exam, and she will likely take a urine sample to make sure it is not a urine infection, though this usually does not necessarily cause testicular pain. She will order an ultrasound of his testicles as well. Sometimes, the testicle can torse, or twist on its stalk, and then untwist, and this could be the cause of his discomfort. If there is anything she feels is abnormal, she will refer you to a pediatric urologist. I hope this helps.
Dr. Moscatel and other Pediatrics Specialists are ready to help you