Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S. , Pediatrician
Experience:  20 years of experience in treating children.
9324755

my 4 year old complained of a headache and had a fever of 101

my 4 year old complained of a headache and had a fever of 101 on thursday,thursday nite his temp was up to 103 and he also threw up once and also had a stuffed up head and breathing very loudly through his mouth thru the nite.Yesterday by 2pm his temp was back to normal and said headache was gone however he has had a stiff neck since then..should we be concerned about meningitis and seek immediate attention or just keep an eye on him to make sure other symptons don't return?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 5 years ago.
Greetings,

I think he should get an examination by doctor though he has no fever, or headache now. Bad posture during sleep can cause stiffness, but meningitis needs to be ruled out with an immediate history of fever.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it is 10:30 on a saturday nite does this mean we need to go to an er or can it wait until monday office hours
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 5 years ago.
You can watch till morning if you find it difficult to go now. But he will definitely need an evaluation.