Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

My 4 year old son has ear pain. He woke up several times last

My 4 year old son has ear pain. He woke up several times last night saying his ear hurts. The ear was red and warm to the touch. He said the inside of his ear hurts. I gave him tylenol a few hours ago and now he is complaining again. Is there anything that I can do or should he be taken to see his pediatrician?

Dr. A. Clark :

I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you. Ear pain is always indicative of something going on with the ear in children this age: infection in the middle ear, behind the eardrum most often, but sometimes of the ear canal. In either case, he needs to be seen by his doctor soon.

Dr. A. Clark :

The pain may subside but don't be fooled into thinking it is over as it will keep all of you up again tonight too.

Customer :

I just made an appointment with his pediatrician for today. He either has elevated temp or starting a fever and is currently feeling down is laying on the couch.

Customer :

Thank you!!! :)