Dr.R.K
Dr.R.K , Doctor
Experience:  MD(Pediatrics), DM ( Gastroenterology).
14495901

hi my 5 year old daughter complains often of knee pain. i have

hi my 5 year old daughter complains often of knee pain. i have taken her to the doctor many times and they have always said its growing pains. my husband noticed tonight that one knee has more fluid than the other. we just gave her some nurofen and she has settled. she seems to be fine all day and then complain at night, sometimes she'll wake in the middle of the night. please help
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr.R.K replied 5 years ago.
How long has she been having this symptom?
Any tests done?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hi the pains in her leg have been on and off for two years. the fluid has just come on now. when she was two she broke her leg but that's not the leg that hurts all the time. we havent had any tests done as they keep telling me that its growing pain. i will be seeing my gp tomorrow but wanted some idea as to what you may think it is.
Expert:  Dr.R.K replied 5 years ago.
It is likely to be growing pain. Because growing pain usually involves muscles. It is also not associated with fluid in the joint. One simple clue to know that it is growing pain is - the pain subsides with gentle massaging.
The possible causes are inflammation around the knee joint ( as in Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis), referred pain from hip, displacement of the knee cap or a bone tumor.