Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

My grandson is just 4 days old. He did not pee or poop for

Customer Question

My grandson is just 4 days old. He did not pee or poop for over 12 hours on Saturday/Sunday so his parents took him to the emergency room. When he had his temperature taken, he did both, so everyone was relieved. However, today he doesn't seem to want to breast feed and is not peeing again. Should we just relax and let things work themselves out or should we be concerned?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. A. Clark replied 5 years ago.

Dr. A. Clark :

I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you. I assume his exam was normal, no fever? How many times has he wet his diaper since going to the ER?

Customer :

It took so long to get your response that my daughter took him to the doctor already. My original question was placed way before 4:14, more like 12:00 or 1:00 PM.

Dr. A. Clark :

Sorry, just got back from my office and noticed several questions unanswered so jumped right in.

Dr. A. Clark :

I suspect he is fine but always better to have a doctor lay eyes and hands on one so young.