Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My 2 year old has had a bad cough and runny nose for 3 weeks

Customer Question

My 2 year old has had a bad cough and runny nose for 3 weeks now. Last night her throat was troubling her and she did not sleep well. This morning she was crying with swallowing. I have looked in her mouth and down her throat... I can see a very red throat, inflamed and what looks like a few little white ulcers on her throat. Gave Panadol. Looked again and also noticed red dots all over the inside of her mouth - on the inside of her cheeks and the roof of mouth. My other daughter had oral thrush as a baby and I know what that looks like... this is different. Any ideas?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr.R.K replied 6 years ago.
Is she having fever?
Any tests done so far?