Dr Abby
Dr Abby, Board Certified Family Physician
Experience:  I have been practicing Family medicine, which includes the treatment of children, for over 10 years
20297917

My daughter has these little red bumps all over her vagina.

My daughter has these little red bumps all over her vagina. I was wondering if it was just a rash or something more serious. One of my wifes friends daughter has genital herpes, could my daughter have contracted it from her. My daughter is only 1 1/2 yrs old so kinda hard to know how itmakes her feel.

Do the bumps look like open sores?

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No they seem more like pimples, at first it was one now she has over ten
Thank you for clarifying,

This does not sound like genital herpes. Genital herpes is spread through sexual contact. If you suspect that your daughter has been abused in some way by your friend's daughter, this needs to be reported. Herpes would be very painful for your daughter--urine would cause burning as soon as it touched the rash and she would likely cry during diaper changes.

Pimple-like bumps in the diaper area may be due to a yeast infection. Without being able to look at the area, though, it is difficult to make a diagnosis. She needs to have it looked at by her pediatrician.
I would try applying A & D ointment to the area if you have not been doing so.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions you may have,

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my help, please remember to click accept. Thank you!!