Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Experience:  20 years of experience in treating children.
9324755

My 2 year old has had a fever for 3 days on and off should

Customer Question

My 2 year old has had a fever for 3 days on and off should i consider taking her to the er or should i just keep giving her tylone. Shes not throwing up and she has been drinking plenty of liquids.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 6 years ago.

Greetings,

Sorry for the problem.
Please let me know a little more about the symptoms to answer you better. Is there any cough? Any other symptom? How high is the temperature/

Regards.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
just a mild cough and her fever is at 101.2. she has a lost in appetite but drinks plenty of liquids and she only threw up once
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

I shall try my best to explain the condition. Fever is often due to viral infection & passes off in 3-5 days. It is good that you are giving her plenty of fluid. However loss of appetite or refusal of feed is an indication for consultation of doctor. Continue with the home measures as you are doing meanwhile.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish her healthy life.
Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
thats why i delay taking her to the doc. That's
all i ever here is the same thing its a viral infection can't you guys come up with a better answer to why she keeps getting fevers......
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 6 years ago.
Frequent fever can occur if she is exposed to an infection, an structural problem in the respiratory or nasal passages, low immunity etc. Variation of temperature in the environment can also affect ciliary movement. If she gets frequent infections she should have blood counts, throat swab testing. An examination by an ENT specialist can be considered too.