Louise Sivak, M.D.
Louise Sivak, M.D., Doctor
Experience:  Pediatrician, Board-certified in Ped Hematology/Oncology

My 7 year old has acute pain lower left abdomen

I am sorry your son has pain.

How long has he had the pain? How bad is it? Any vomiting, diarrhea, or fever? Does the pain move around? Has anything helped it? Is he generally healthy?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This is the first time he has complained of pain, there is no vomiting or fever, the pain is stationary, he is very healthy

How has the pain done today? Is he able to do normal things or does he just want to lie down? If you push on the area that hurts, is it very tender? Has he eaten and had fluids today? When was his last bowel movement?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The pain lasted for about an hour which has subsided. He is able to do normal things. The area was tender to touch but not now. He has eaten today and had fluids. He had a

bowed movement earlier and is not complaining anymore. Thanks

If the pain comes back and lasts more than 1-2 hours, then your son should be evaluated in person. He likely had some mild constipation and I am glad he feels better.