Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S. , Pediatrician
Experience:  20 years of experience in treating children.
9324755

2 year old high fever 103, 104.5 for 3 days doctor not in today

2 year old high fever 103, 104.5 for 3 days doctor not in today or tommorow..ER?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 6 years ago.

Greetings,

Sorry for the illness of your son.

Please let me know a little more about the symptoms so that I can try. How frequent the temperature spike? Any other symptom? How are stool and urine? Any past illness?

Regards.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Okay thank you..he first started having loose stools on wed, thursday it was souplike with a 101 temp taken rectally...i said him to daycare anyway since he seemed to be okay...day care called me and told me that he was not his usual self , not playing or

participating and he did not touch his lunch (he usually has a great appetite) they were concerned...then an hour later they called and said he had a fever so i picked him up..

his temp are taken rectally...he had a very soft bowel movement friday morning, i made a sick visit appt. for him (what i told you earlier)...friday morning he had 1/2 a banana..a few pieces of chicken at lunch and some juice...he did not have a bowel movement since friday morning..last nite he was up most of the nite with the high fevers, taking tiny sips of gatorade..tried to give him ibuprofin liquid but he gagged it up....couldnt get the

childrens suppositories until this morning then his fever lowered from 103.5 to 100.7

after supp...he had no breakfast this morning..4 oz of chocolate milk...lunch he had 2 peices of bologna and a bite of watermelon ...after dinner his temp spiked again to 1o3.9 rectally...i gave him 1/2 supp again....just checked him now he is sleeping and temp 102.....he did have a runny stuffy nose wed, thurs friday..today no running of the nose just coughing now and then (wet cough) friday he did have some urine out put..i wasnt too worried about it...today no bowel movement and 1 wet diaper (not drenched)......he has had more colds since he started daycare (2x week) in march...and does occasionally run low grade fevers...

Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

I shall try my best to explain the condition. As he is lethargic, not drinking enough, urine out put low, I will not advise to wait for regular doctor's visit till Monday. The symptoms can be either viral or bacterial. Some investigations are needed to differentiate between them. Early assessment is necessary. It will be prudent to get a consultation with doctor in ER for examination, investigations to get the precise diagnosis and intervention as necessary. Try to give him fluid to prevent dehydration.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish his healthy life.
Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.