Dr. Davidson
Dr. Davidson , Board Certified Pediatrician
Experience:  Board Certified Specialist in Pediatrics, Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
27991315

Can a 90lb child take adult Nyquil? If so how much?

Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Davidson replied 6 years ago.

Hi there, and thanks for your question. I would recommend the use of Children's Nyquil if you're going to use it, and the guidelines suggest giving 3 teaspoons at 90 pounds of weight. In addition, there are other things that can help with a cough including 1 teaspoon of honey, 2-3 times daily, using a warm mist humidifier at night, and raising the head of the bed at night. All of these, when performed together, work the best to help with a cough. I hope this information is helpful for you, and I wish you and your child well.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I could not find child's Nyquil anywhere and bought adult Nyquil, the pharmacy told me that I could give half the dose of the adult does to her but I wanted a second opinion. Would you agree with that or not?

Yes, that is fine, especially for a child over age 6. In that case, I would give half the adult dose, which should be acceptable. I would still recommend the other treatments, however, which are also known to help. Take care