Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark , Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

3 yr old, has loss of appetite, pain in lower left stomach/hip

3 yr old, has loss of appetite, pain in lower left stomach/hip area, swollen/bloated right side stomach and single swollen testical
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. A. Clark replied 6 years ago.
I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you. I would not be too concerned about the bloating but with the testicle swollen it would be wise to have a doctor look at him now to be sure he doesn't have either an incarcerated or strangulated hernia, or testicular torsion, which is twisting of the blood supply of the testicle. Either condition can be serious causing damage to either the testicle or intestine so I would have him looked at.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is either condition serious enough to need immediate attention?
Yes, I would have him seen now as damage can be done to the tissue with every passing hour.