Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark , Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

My daughter is 10 and her vagina looks different. Like the

My daughter is 10 and her vagina looks different. Like the inside is out if that makes sense?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. A. Clark replied 6 years ago.
It is quite possible that she is in early puberty and that will cause some swelling of the vaginal tissue and inner lips (labia minora) which then actually protrude from the outer lips. She may also have some discharge due to estrogen production beginning. Most girls have some hormone increase at 9-10 years leading to some breast buds and changes like you are seeing with her vagina.

If this does not sound like what you are seeing then I would make and appointment with her doctor to take a look at her.