Dr. K.
Dr. K. , Board Certified Pediatrician
Experience:  Board Certified, Ivy League educated Pediatrician.
25087362

what skills does a pediatrician need

what skills does a pediatrician need?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 6 years ago.
a pediatrician needs to be careing, compassionate, PATIENT, smart, capable, observant, and most of have a willingness to devote their life to helping children. It is the worst paying specialty in medicine so if you go into pdiatrics, you do it because you love helping children and for nothing else

If I have answered your question, please click ACCEPT, and a BONUS would be appreciated

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok and what responsibilities do they have?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 6 years ago.
it depends on what kind of pediatrician...
a regular primary care pediatrician sees patients in the office and visits babies in the hospital after they are born. They also stop by the hospital and see sick children that have to stay for various reasons.

There are pediatricins that only work in the hospital with very ill children. There are pediatric cancer doctors, pediatric heart doctors, and even pediatric surgeons.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what is a typical day for a pediatrician?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 6 years ago.
When i worked in a typical pediatric office, I would go to the hospital around 7 am to see babies, then go to the office at about 8-8:30 am.I would see about 5-6 patients an hour until 5 pm (it usually ended up being 6 pm). Every several days I would be on call and get a 4-10 phone calls a night about fevers and common stuff. Its a very busy life...

by the way, I worked every other saturday morning and every 8th sunday

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what classes are required for becoming a pediatricians?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 6 years ago.
you have to take bio, chem physics, in college, take the mcat and then apply to med school