Louise Sivak, M.D.
Louise Sivak, M.D., Doctor
Experience:  Pediatrician, Board-certified in Ped Hematology/Oncology
16877601

6 year old small girl that has been bleeding from vagina, brown

6 year old small girl that has been bleeding from vagina, brown old blood, and looks weak, with HA.

HelloCustomer

I am so sorry your granddaughter has this issue.

If she were my patient, I would start with checking for a UTI as was done, altho' I'd doubt it right off. I'd also consult my Ob/Gyn colleagues and get an ultrasound to try to localize a source of bleeding and assess the anatomy w/o any radiation.

What iss your granddaughter's pediatrician's plan?
Thank you.

Louise Sivak, M.D.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Her plan is to follow up Thursday with another urine sample, althought she has been on Bactrim for 5 days and then she don't know what to do, she was going to LOOK down there again, but of course no physical exam. She is very tiny, she also consulted with her co worker about it and he had mentioned a yeast infection which was irritated but there would be signs of bright blood instead of brown.......he also mentioned vagitinits which I can't see, b/c there is no reason for it??? Then they will discuss what to do next b/c they don't know.....She also sent her notes to an endocrinologist of which I don't see any need, I don't know.........He also mentioned to the PA that prepubitus was out of the question, which I knew that........so what would an endo look for besides that......my first instinct was to do an ultrasound.......but what could I say to them, for them to look for, being that they don't know what to look for.......

Thank you so much and please anything to ask them to look for would be so appreciated and something I can say that maybe they can't think of!

Again, I would rule out infection and get an ultrasound.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So would you insist on an ultrasound before the reference to the endocr......and do you think an infection would be the cause of the blood and why would that be in such a young child?

I do not think she has an infection but that must be tested for.

If I were her pediatrician I'd get an ultrasound first.