Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

My ten year old son has been vomiting mostly in the early morning

My ten year old son has been vomiting mostly in the early morning around 5 am or a little earlier for 9 days now. The first day was a week ago Saturday then a couple more time that morning Then he did not vomit for two days then he vomitted early morning two mornings in a row then not again for one day. Then again the next early morning. Then again the following morning. Then not for two days. And now we just woke up to him vomitting again. He had diarreah with each time he vomitted until this morning. The diarreah seems to be gone.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. A. Clark replied 7 years ago.
It sounds like he has had a virus, though they usually don't last that long. With the diarrhea though, it is more likely a virus than anything else so it should be going away in the next day or so. If it doesn't I would take him in to see his doctor as they might want to do some tests for other causes, such as a bacterial cause for the vomiting.
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience: 33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.