Dr. David, Board Certified Pediatrician
Experience:  Board-certified pediatrician at children's hospital, former chief resident, multiple publications
20089981

my 9 year old has a fever of 104.5 sore throat headache and

Customer Question

my 9 year old has a fever of 104.5 sore throat headache and dizzy. ER or wait until Dr. office opens?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your post. If he is drinking a little bit, not having trouble breathing or uncontrollable vomiting, I think it is safe to wait until the doctor's office opens. In fact, if you are in a high flu area (most places are), then you may want to call your doctor before you bring your son in--they may be able to give you some recommendations over the phone.

I hope this is helpful and he is feeling better soon. Let me know if I can help with anything else. Best wishes, Dr David