Louise Sivak, M.D.
Louise Sivak, M.D., Doctor
Experience:  Pediatrician, Board-certified in Ped Hematology/Oncology
16877601

my 3 year old keeps spiking fevers over the past 2 days - She

Customer Question

my 3 year old keeps spiking fevers over the past 2 days - She is also compaining about knee and when the fever is up she complains of back pain and head and neck. Should I just keep up the tylenol and wait to out?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Louise Sivak, M.D. replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer
How high are the fevers? What is your daughter's activity level like when she has a fever? Eating and drinking OK?
Neck and back pain are "red flag" words for us b/c of possible menigitis. It is unusual for a 3 year old to state that, so I strongly recommend she be seen asap to evaluate and make sure it is not meningitis.
Louise Sivak, M.D.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Highest I got read on was 102 but I think it hit a bit higher before I got to take it. At the last spike last night she was very lathargic. but once I got some Tylenol in her she ate/drank and seemed much better, then fever came back down. Right now she does not have a fever, just woke from a good nap, but has complained about her knee.

Thank you for the additional info.
You know your daughter, but i rarely see kids that young be able to consistently localize discomfort, and it concerns me that she has with such a high fever.
I do recommend she be seen asap.
Louise Sivak, M.D.