Louise Sivak, M.D.
Louise Sivak, M.D., Doctor
Experience:  Pediatrician, Board-certified in Ped Hematology/Oncology
16877601

My 1 year old baby girl has a visible lump in her right breast

Customer Question

My 1 year old baby girl has a visible lump in her right breast around her nipple area. It look like when a girl is developing her breast already, but she is only 1.   Is this a problem? Could it be a tumor?

On the other hand, my 3 year old boy has been telling me for 3 weeks (on and off) that he has a carrot in his throat. He breathes fine, he has not been sick nor had fever/throat infection recently. What could that be?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Louise Sivak, M.D. replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer
Both your kids are probably fine, but these issues need in-person medical checks next week.
Is your 1 year old still breast-fed? Any other symptoms?
Your son, any other issues?
Thank you.
Louise Sivak, M.D.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

My baby girl has had a chest cold that does not go away for 2-3 weeks now. We took her to the doctor and she was developing an infection in her right ear. She is on antibiotics (amoxicillin) and Xopenex.

My son....no other symptoms.

Any guidance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Yenny

Hello Yenny,
I do not think your daughter's chest cold is related to what i think is a simple cyst on her chest. I do recommend you have her checked by her pediatrician who may also do an ultraasound test of her chest wall to confirm that it's a cyst. I am not medically concerned but you should have this checked for your peace of mind. If it is a simple cyst, then it will slowly resolve over weeks - months.
Not sure what your son may mean other than his throat is sore, so it should be looked at. His pediatrician can also listen to his breathing and make sure all is well.
Louise Sivak, M.D.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for you time and consideration.

Diaz Family

You are welcome.
Louise Sivak, M.D.