Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

my 3-month old babys stomach is hard and swollen, has a bit

Customer Question

my 3-month old baby's stomach is hard and swollen, has a bit of diarrhea, and has been crying for two days, and has been spitting up excessively. he is now very sleepy and his legs lethargic. his left arm flails alot. he has a history of reflux and had surgery for pyloric stenosis. what could this be?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. A. Clark replied 7 years ago.
He is beyond any issues related to his pyloric stenosis and his symptoms are most likely due to a stomach virus. The distention or swelling of his stomach is due to gas and will clear up with the diarrhea. Just keep him on pedialyte overnight and until his stomach goes down but if he develops fever and can't keep anything down then take him to his doctor in the morning.