Dr Singh
Dr Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Family doctor, experienced in childhood and adolescent health problems.
10798432

My 4 year old son has blood in his poop, and now there is something that looks like..

Customer Question

my 4 year old son has blood when we wipe after he poops and he has been to the doctor and we assumed it was from constipation, which we have tried changing his diet and now he just went to the bathroom and i went to wipe his butt and there is something there sticking out and when i tried to wipe it off he said it hurt and eventually he gave up and it went back inside of him and there was more blood than usual, it is sunday so his doctor isn't open, could this be a hemroid, it looks like a blood clot, how worried should i be and what could it be. please get back to me as soon as possilbe. thank you.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr Singh replied 7 years ago.
The lesion that you saw in the anal region was most likely a thrombus formation due to hemorrhoids. Long standing constipation can cause this. This should not be handled manually by yourself. His doctor may decide to drain it under anesthesia. It is okay to wait till Monday to see the doctor. However if he has excessive pain, then you should go to the ER to get him examined.
Regards.
Dr Singh, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, Family doctor, experienced in childhood and adolescent health problems.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

he ended up having a juvenile pollup (sorry if misspelled), it was removed, that you for your concern and follow up.

Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 5 years ago.
The lesion should be 'polyp' and you can close the Q.