Dr. Mikey
Dr. Mikey , Doctor
Experience:  Pediatric residency-trained at a large County hospital, 24 years in group and private practice.
16788679

what is a chlamydia/GC amplification test with a notation for Lead

what is a chlamydia/GC amplification test with a notation for"Lead" used to check for and what are the symptoms?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Mikey replied 7 years ago.

A chlamydia/gc amplification test is a test which permits screening for these std's using only a urine sample instead of the old way of screening which required either a pelvic exam or a probe thru the urethral opening(neither is any fun). The notation for Lead I am not familiar with and I use this testing in my teenage patients all the time.

It may be a mistake, a misreading of a doctor's penmanship, or the request for a lead test in addition the std screening.