Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My 8 year old son is tired most of the time and has frequent

Customer Question

My 8 year old son is tired most of the time and has frequent stomach aches, large loose floating stools and occasional vomiting. He has also had 2 episodes of rectal bleeding that his gastro. Dr. says is most likely linked to food allergy. He is allergic to eggs and dariy. He has eosinophilic esophagitis and is currently in a research study but I am worried something more is going on. He is very irritable and has extreme mood swings, he has also recently started having a hard time concentrating he calls it brain pausing. He has had one fainting episode,and we recently noticed the bottom of his feet are orange, no clue if related. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Doctor Natasha replied 7 years ago.
What sort of labs have been done on him? Liver function tests?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

They have done a CBC and sed rate, creatinine was slightly low and Bun/Creat slightly elevated and Mono% slightly elevated. The Dr. said all was ok. He has also had a skin prick test for diabetes, it was negative. Blood testing for allergy showed many food and environmental allergies. Thank you for your time.

Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 7 years ago.
a good anti-allergic medicine prescription should be obtained. also arrange for de-sensitizing therapy from allergy specialist.
any way, I'm sure he is in good hands and will surely get better through efforts of treating team.