Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Experience:  20 years of experience in treating children.
9324755

my baby is 10 months old, and i noticed the roof of her mouth

my baby is 10 months old, and i noticed the roof of her mouth has a white patch on it. kinda like califlower...except smooth like the roof of a normal mouth. what is this? Should I be worried?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 7 years ago.

Greetings.

Did she have any illness? Was she on antibiotic? How long it is there? Can it be cleaned? out?
Regards.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
She has not been sick...not on any antibiotics....and it cannot be cleaned out, although it looks like it needs to be cleaned this is not the case, we tried! it is flat and smooth like a normal roof of mouth...almost looks like a chewed piece of white bread smashed at the roof of her mouth..except it is smooth skin. she has no rashes on her hands or feet, i was kinda thinking hoof & mouth but i dont think so???
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

The area sounds like oral thrush .It will need nystatin in liquid form to be applied into the mouth. She needs to be seen by her doctor to get the prescription.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish her early recovery.
Any query, please ask.
Regards.