Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Doctor
Experience:  Physician / Surgeon in Neurosurgery, with experience in Pediatric Surgery and Pediatric Neurosurgery

My Five years old says it hurts when he pees, there seems

Customer Question

My Five years old says it hurts when he pee's, there seems to be a little redness around his penis. Do you know what this could be, and how should I treat it?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 7 years ago.
Well, you should take him to see his pediatrician.

Burning while urinating is a sign of a possible urinary tract infection,and he should have a sample of the urine sent for analysis.

In addition, if it does end up showing evidence of infection, your pediatrician may want to investigate this further as it is unusual for a boy to develop a urinary tract infection.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My boy was also born not needing a circumsion (Natural) the doctors said everything looked good (points straight so to speak). I presumed it may be a infection, but could it be anything else. We will be taking him in to the clinic as early as tomorrow morning, but is there anything we can do in the meantime from home?
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 7 years ago.
well, I would keep him well hydrated in the meantime, and make sure he is comfortable, as well as keeping that area clean.

It is tough to say burning with urination along with redness is something other than an infection or inflammation of the urethra, so that urinalysis will be the first best test.