Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta , Pediatrician
Experience:  MD, practicing Pediatrician with 19 years of experience. Member American Academy of Pediatrics.
239748

14-year old son has suddenly red and hot cheeks. Concussion

14-year old son has suddenly red and hot cheeks. Concussion 48 hours ago, was seen by a doctor and has been stedaily recovering, although still a lack of focus and headache. No fever. Anything to worry about?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 7 years ago.
I am a pediatrician.
It is tough to be sure without an actual physical examination, but these symptoms appear to be unlikely to be related to the concussion.
If the other symptoms like headache and lack of focus are improving, and there are no other problems like recurrent vomits, altered behaviour etc. I would consider observing him at present,
If these symptoms persist, then he may need to visit the doctor/ ER, for evaluation for a post concussion syndrome too,
Regards