DrOAB
DrOAB , Board Certified Pediatrician
Experience:  In practice since 2000.
12594838

my 10 year old has bad headaches and has been having them for

my 10 year old has bad headaches and has been having them for along while now,one doctor say its because he has sickle cell trait,another doctor gave a eye test last month .it came back fine ,but he still has these bad headaches .Do you thunk its migraines?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  DrOAB replied 7 years ago.

DearCustomer

Does he have other symptoms other than throbbing pain with these headaches, e.g., vision changes, nausea/vomiting, heightened sensitivity to light and sound, a sensation that the headache is about to occur?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
all he tells me is that when his head hurtts it hurts at the top of his head and it hurts his eyes
Expert:  DrOAB replied 7 years ago.

DearCustomer

I have had one patient with pain at the very top of his head that was due to a nasal sinus infection (sinusitis); fortunately, he responded quickly to antibiotics. The symptoms I asked about in the prior post are found with classic migraine; unfortunately, there are other types of migraine and headaches that are not as easily recognized. If vision and sickle trait have been ruled out as causes, then his primary care physician or a neurologist (nervous system specialist) can perform a proper headache evaluation.