Raymond B., M.D.
Raymond B., M.D., Doctor
Experience:  I provide medical care for newborns, children, adolescents and young adults up to age 21 years.
1295807

my 9 month old baby has a fever, she is coughing a lot and

Customer Question

my 9 month old baby has a fever, she is coughing a lot and just vomited. what can i give her or what can i do?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Raymond B., M.D. replied 7 years ago.
DearCustomer
If the infant has a fever, if no allergies are known for the infant having medication for fever, such as infant tylenol, motrin or advil drops, you can give a dose of one of these anti-fever medications as directed for age. And for the cough, it is recommended presently that no over-the-counter cold and cough medications be given to children under 2 years of age, which is soon to be increased up to age of 6. If the vomiting subsides, you may try some pedialyte (balanced electrolyte fluid) which is a safe fluid by mouth you can give the infant for 24 hours, instead of the regular formula if the infant is being bottle-fed. If the vomiting continues, take your infant to a local emergency room and then follow-up with your pediatrician.