Dr.Hanish Babu, MD
Dr.Hanish Babu, MD, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS; MD (Skin & STD)
11532963

my son is 2 and has a tick bite on his penis, that was yesterday.

Customer Question

my son is 2 and has a tick bite on his penis, that was yesterday. Today it is very swollen it is 2 - 3 times normal size. It is not Hot to the touch, and he doesn't have a fever either. He doesn't have trouble urinating. His penis looks like it has 2 chambers or like it has a twist in it now. Do you think this is just a reaction to the tick bite? and if not what you think it is... please, Jami
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr.Hanish Babu, MD replied 8 years ago.

Tick bites or any contact allergy makes the penis to swell up because of the fluid getting accumulated underneath the skin.

If there is no pain and red color, he only requires antihistamine like Benadryl half teaspoon twice daily.

If the swelling is increasing and he has pain and if there are wheals developing in other parts of the body, you need to take him to his doctor for an injection of steroid and oral antibiotic to control secondary infection.

I hope my information is helpful. If you have more questions, just ask! I will gladly help, otherwise please click "ACCEPT". Positive FEEDBACK would be appreciated. Thank you.