Jeffrey
Jeffrey, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified in Family Practice, extensive experience in Emergency department medicine
10532366

My 7 year old daughter is complaining of neck and back pain,

My 7 year old daughter is complaining of neck and back pain, a headache, and an upset stomach. Should i be concerned?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Jeffrey replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomerand thank you for allowing me the opportunity to discuss this with you. I would offer the suggestion that perhaps she is suffering from a viral type infection. The viral infections can cause these types of symptoms and are generally really vague. With a bacterial infection you usually get a specific infection site, like the ears or throat. With a viral infection it can affect many different areas and is generally wide spread. With the neck and back pain along with a headache and nausea, it sounds like a viral thing. With that being said, you should also see a small fever and perhaps other issues. I would suggest a visit to an urgent care center tomorrow, unless things worsen tonight. You could also wait until monday and see her doctor. Over the counter childrens tylenol or childrens motrin might offer some relief of the symptoms. Careful observation of her during the next 24 to 48 hours should also ellicit some additional symptoms, either worsening or getting better. Symptomatic relief is the key and if things worsen have her seen as soon as possible. Good luck and I hope this helps in some small way.

Dr Jeff