Dr Jef Burk
Dr Jef Burk, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MRCGP
5101698

I am very concerned about my 10 year old sons penis,

I am very concerned about my 10 year old son''s penis, I took him to the hospital last year as the skin looked very tight at the end the consultant said that he was fine but needed to stretch the skin everytime he went to the toilet or was in the bath, however my son still looks like he is not growing and has a very small penis it doesn''t seem to have grown in size from him being a small boy which is causing me great concern as he is due to go to the high school next year. Is this normal or is there a problem? I do not want to alarm my son as he seems perfectly happy in himself.
Hi

Has he any signs of puberty - hair growth etc?

Dr Jef
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr Jef Burk's Post: No he has no signs of any hair growth yet.
Good.

His penis will not grow until he starts puberty.

Our penises stay the same size form when we are born and only grow when our testicles start to produce testosterone at puberty.

He's only 10 so on average you'll have another 18 months or so of peace and quite!

Dr Jef