How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Su S. Your Own Question
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Category: Pediatrics
Satisfied Customers: 20337
Experience:  20 years of experience in treating children.
Type Your Pediatrics Question Here...
Dr. Su S. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2 1/2 year old toddler swallowed a 1/2 x 1/4 piece of a ...

This answer was rated:

2 1/2 year old toddler swallowed a 1/2 x 1/4 piece of a plastic spoon she bit off. will it pass on through ?????
Plastic spoon is usually non-opaque to X-ray.
You should observe the baby .
If there is coughing, drooling of saliva , gagging ,any respiratory distress, difficulty of swallowing then she should be taken to ER immediately. She may need endoscopy to remove it.
If these or other symptoms of lodging in the food tube or esophagus is not there, then you should observe her . Small objects usually pass out without any problem.
But her stool should be checked.
You can get information here.
Thank you.
Dr. Su S. and other Pediatrics Specialists are ready to help you

Related Pediatrics Questions