Cher
Cher, Teacher
Experience:  Extensive Experience working with Children/Teens; M.A. Teacher/Tutor 40+ yrs.; Parent of 2
1470369

I only want Dr. Paige or female expert to answer this

Customer Question

I only want Dr. Paige or female expert to answer this question!!
Hi Dr. Paige:
I am the parent of a 13 year old boy. His problem is that his older and more beautiful sister likes to wrestle him
him to the ground and sit on him. I am not sure why she does this but it is rather puerile behavior!! She thinks it is great fun to squash him. He says it feels like an elephant is sitting on his chest when she does this to him. Just the other day she brought over her water polo friends and they sat on him all day. It bothers me that he is so weak. They are just girls after all!! Why do they do this to him? Is he to be squashed forever by these bitches? In fairness it all seems to be in fun and no one has ever been hurt. Thank you and I love you Dr. Paige.
Are not girls like you supposed to be weak as the above mentioned is mainly meant to be tongue and cheek? The Brits like you are mostly rather haughty and weak!! Lastly please please do not be a prude. Your answer is supposed to be funny and not rude! A little poetry for you at the end honey)
Prior question: http://www.justanswer.com/relationship/9ib7e-want-dr-paige-answer-question.html
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and thanks for your question.

The expert you requested doesn't seem to be available since you asked your question, yesterday, so I would like to help.

My name is ***** ***** the situation you describe with your son and his older sister, sounds like bullying. You need to have a serious talk with your daughter about what she is doing to her brother, and if he says he feels like an elephant is sitting on his chest, he IS being hurt, physically, and this is no laughing matter.

Your daughter and her friends should not be permitted to take advantage of your son in this way and if the behavior does not stop after you speak with your daughter and set the boundaries, you will need to take privileges away from her as a punishment.

In addition, tell your daughter that her water polo friends are no longer welcome in your home, because of what they did to her brother. I have a feeling, they did this at her suggestion, but they should know better, being older.

Your daughter is trying to wield her power (physically and emotionally) over her younger brother and this is not right, nor is it good for his self-esteem. It can cause major problems as he grows older and make him feel a lack of confidence. Your son is at a very significant age, now, being a new 'teen' and for boys it is a very uncertain time, with hormones raging and self-esteem issues, even if this particular problem wasn't taking place.

You should supervise your children's time together, to make sure this doesn't happen anymore and if you can't supervise, separate them into their respective rooms. Your daughter shouldn't be allowed to bring any friends over, when you're not home, in the future.

This is pure torture for your son, and you need to stop this behavior, immediately.

I hope things improve, very soon!

I hope you found my suggestions helpful. Please click a positive rating so I am given credit for my assistance. You can always reply on this question at any time, even after rating.

Best wishes,

Cheryl

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do stop with the pc poppy cock regarding bullying!! Actually, he challenged her and I think some of her friends and lost so in my mind he learned a valuable lesson! Thank you for your contribution but I am going to wait for my lovely Britainic beauty of the realm Dr. Paige to answer. She knows more than us colonials!! 😊
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 10 months ago.
I am a moderator for this category. Your requested Expert has declined to answer. Please let me know if you would like a refund or to keep your question page open.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please keep the question open. Perhaps, Dr. Paige will answer at some point. Could u kindly send her a reminder? Thanks
The requested Expert has declined to answer. I will keep the question open for other Experts per your request.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is Paige offline or did she state that she does not want to answer?
The requested Expert has stated she has declined to answer.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please tell dr. Paige that I will pay her in full for any answer given plus tip. Thanks
The requested Expert declines to answer. I will leave your question open for other Experts unless you would like to request a refund.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok ask her one more time. Please ask her why she will not answer. Tell her I will give her a big tip and pay her in full. If she still declines than please give me a refund! Thanks
Thank you, ***** ***** has declined to answer. I have issued your refund.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Did she say why? Keep question open for a little while longer. Thank you!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
22 January 2016 05:10
We have already issued your refund per your request and the requested Expert has declined to answer or provide more information. The question is reopened for other Experts per your request.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Nobody can answer better than Dr. Paige!!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Mr. Moderator: Kindly close this question. Thank you