Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

I have 2 year old daughter (26 months). I recently have

Customer Question

Hello, I have 2 year old daughter (26 months). I recently have started going to the YMCA again and dropping her off in daycare we have done this approx 3x. Every time seems to be worse. She would cry for 5 minutes at first and then calm down and play for 15 minutes then cry again and I would have to go get her. Today I took her and she cried before we even entered the room, and continued to do so for 15 mins at which point I went back in. I am unsure if I should continue trying or if it'll be damaging down the road in terms of leaving her. We have left her with her grandmother and friend on multiple occasions and she does great for the most part and always calms down quickly. So I'm just not sure if maybe I should back off till she is a little bit older. Thank you!
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question and I would like to help. When you say back off what are you referring to? I just want to clarify, so I can answer your question accurately.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That I would take a break from attempting the gym daycare and only participate in mommy and me classes. We also just moved to a new house and have only been here a month.