Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

My son is two as of yesterday he had a lot of ear

Customer Question

Hi my son is two as of yesterday he had a lot of ear infections due to how small he was back to back for the first year of his life. Due to this his speech is delayed it is getting better but he lacks the ability to vocalize what he's wanting to say and
it really frustrates him to the point he screams, bangs his head on thing or lashes out and will try to hit, bit, or pinch us. I'm asking do u know any way to help to stop this behavior and get him to calm down and not get so frustrated?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Sorry about this problem with speech. Boys often are late in speech compared to girls, and you can improve fluency by exposing and teaching him lots of rhymes, tunes and songs. Also act dumb often and do not comply to his needs unless he utters right word or phrase for same.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When we act dumb or won't give in unless he uses his words is when he starts hitting himself and banging his head on something or hitting us or biting us.
Also please reward him when he utters words, for encouragement. Such early speech blocks are common and will surely go away with growth. Please ensure environment where he does not hurt himself, as also use head-gear,.like thick cap or wrap around head.