Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

Advice to give son on false accusation by silent business

Advice to give son on false accusation by silent business partner.

JohnMichaels,MS,LPC : Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a Licensed Professional Counselor. Please note, this is not therapy, but information. I do hope I can help you though. Could you possibly elaborate some and I will see if I can help?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi I did not receive your answer.
That gets a bit confusing when we switch to q and a. I just asked for more details. I want to help you but need more information. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My sons business partner is threatening a lawsuit because of needing money. Even though he is very wealthy. He has retained a lawyer but hasn't brought suit yet.
So are you wanting legal advice or advice how to approach your son concerning it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Approach my son with advice
I apologize for another information request, but I want to help you and feel more information is necessary. How old is your son and how has he reacted when you have advised him in the past? Any details you can give would be helpful.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am not sure how this works.... Have you sent a reply?
Yes. i sent the following - I apologize for another information request, but I want to help you and feel more information is necessary. How old is your son and how has he reacted when you have advised him in the past? Any details you can give would be helpful. Please reply with any information you think might be helpful. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My son is 35...and always respects our advice
I apologize. I am not sure what you are seeking. I am going to opt out and let one of my colleagues maybe reply.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

If your son is in economic or other peril from an unscrupulous partner he must disarm the partner pschologically and legally in a very discreet and surreptitious manner.

-show the partner no fear to his challenge

-gather as much information and evidence in the form of documents, emails, letters, etc. to support his case

-use hidden recording devices, where permitted, to gain insight and evidence

-hire a private investigator if necessary and relevant to further tather information to thwart the partner

-hire his own attorney to protect and advise him

-tell your son that you will stand behind him and be prepared to contribute to his support, defense, or even legal offense

- do your best to get other family members or family friends to support him and stand behind him, with legal expertise, if you have an attorney in the family, or with funds lent or contributed by supportive friends and family.

-encourage him to resist but also warn him that if he is put in an untenable position by the partner then he might have to cut his lossses.

By showing him support and encouragement he will not feel that he is alone in facing this challenge. The best thing you can do for him is to show him that when times are tough, he has you behind him.

Even if he doesn'[t prevail, the lesson of a supportive family that believed in him and came to his aid will be invaluable for ALL of you.

I shall keep you all in my prayers for success,

Warm regards,

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.