Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

Dear Sir/Madam, How to help three kids in homework at same

Dear Sir/Madam,

How to help three kids in homework at same time?
what is the best way to make them responsible in sleeping, waking up, homework and go to school on time?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 10 months ago.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I don't know the ages of your children, but you could have a homework time at a set time every day, followed by some kind of treat (desert, ice cream if it is after dinner). Have all TV's and radios, etc. off, have them all at the same table, speak quietly to establish a feeling of silent concentration, and be available to assist them.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

When all three are finished, then compliment them and give them their treat.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

All three must be done with their work before they get their reward. In that way they will feel that this is a group effort and that they must encourage each other.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Enforce sleeping times and make sure they have the silence to sleep. Don't let them eat before going to sleep, and certainly don't let them have caffeine or diet drinks (stimulant).

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Make sure that they lay out their clothes at night and have everything ready to go. This way they will develop good habits for waking up and being ready. The more they do this, the more proficient they will get.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You can keep a chart for all three children and give stars for completing homework, waking up, going to sleep, and being ready on time.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

The one with the most stars will get a special treat.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You can figure out your own routines to suit their needs. Following an organizational pattern as I have suggested will make a large difference in their lives.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I wish you great success and shall keep you family in my prayers.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thank you so much for detail explanation.

Does others get discourage if I treat to the one who gets more stars?

My kids age is: Girl - 9, Girl -8 and Boy 6.

How to handle when they are rude?

How to solve the issue when they stuck on one thing (toy,book etc)?

Appreciate your help.

Dear friend,

Keep the stars pretty close so they don't get discouraged. If one falls behind give extra stars for a great answer, etc.

If they get rude they can get a time out and miss a chance to get easy starts.

If they get "stuck" then let them work with it. If they are stuck on a toy, let it become part of the math or language lesson.

I co-wrote and published a book for instructing children in language arts and good behavior using rhythms and chants and movement in a group. It can be very helpful to teaching good grammar and good behavior. It is listed on amazon.com as "Rhythm 'n Rhymers".

I wish you great success. Your kids are so luck that they have a mom like you.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Use these toys or books to create learing experiences. Sometimes it is good for them to concentrate on something. Make a learning experience out of it if you can.

Try to make it fun all of the time and they will learn.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.