JohnMichaels,MS,LPC
JohnMichaels,MS,LPC, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years working with familes and 6 children of my own.

Staying positive can be really difficult for me. What are some

Staying positive can be really difficult for me. What are some tips to help cultivate a positive attitude?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  JohnMichaels,MS,LPC replied 8 months ago.

JohnMichaels,MS,LPC : Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a Licensed Professional Counselor. Please note, this is not therapy, but information. I do hope I can help you though. I am assuming you are speaking In reference to you. What exactly are you referring to as far as your negativity? Is this in reference e to your child or life in general? Any details could be helpful
Customer:

I am referencing myself and want general advice for cultivating a positive attitude.

Everybody struggles with a negative attitude at times. Some of us more than others. Sometimes it can be caused by environmental factors and other times due to physical factors. Even other times it is hard to differentiate between the two. If you are still struggling once you have tried everything else, it might be good to check with your doctor about the possible need for meds.. Before you do that though, there are several steps I suggest you take to help yo attain a more positive attitude.

1. Find the key factor causing your negative attitude and determine one small aspect you have the capability to change. Take the first step toward changing it. Don't try to change everything, just one small step at a time.

2. Look for the light at the end of the tunnel. It is there. You just need to find it. It may just be a twinkle now but it is there and as you focus on it you will see it getting bigger every day. Eventually the light will over power the darkness.

3. Focus on the good things in life. They are there also. Don't dwell on the negative so much.

4. Find a hobby you enjoy and give yourself a break from the stresses of life. Have some fun,

5. Surround yourself with positive people. You tend to mimic those around you.

6. Get plenty of exercise. Exercise gets your adrenalin flowing and stirs the chemicals of the brain giving you a more positive attitude.

7. Eat right and drink plenty of water. Honestly, drinking water will do wonders toward clearing the mind of negative thoughts.

There are other things that might help. Such as reading positive materials. Find reasons to laugh. Listen to uplifting music. Then there is the power of prayer and or meditation. If I knew more about your situation, I might be able to be a bit more specific . I really think these steps will help. Let me know if you have any thoughts or questions and I will do what I can to help you.
JohnMichaels,MS,LPC, Counselor (LPC)
Experience: 25+ years working with familes and 6 children of my own.
Hi! I appreciate you allowing me to help you maybe arrive at a solution the other day. I hope I was helpful. Let me know if I can help you in any other way.

John Michaels, MS, LPC