RealSupport
RealSupport, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

How can i be a good parent?

Customer Question

How can i be a good parent?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  RealSupport replied 3 years ago.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Working on yourself in order to make sure you are a healthy and assertive human being, taking good care of yourself and resolving your personal issues, and doing the same around your marriage, improving and promoting your marital life, since it is from there that you could create and promote a healthy environment for your child to grow and develop as healthy, happy and fulfilled human being, following your modeling more than your words.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Does it make sense?

Rafael M.T.Therapist says:
10/16/13 7:14 PM
10/16/13 7:17 PM
10/16/13 7:17 PM
Does it make sense?

Please feel free to share about your specific situation in case you want further more specific feedback. Thank.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not sure I understand, any practical advice?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not sure I understand, any practical advice?

Be patient, compassionate, open and honest, real expressing your feelings in healthy ways, empathic and gentle, loving, understanding and supportive towards yourself, them and their father.

Do share quality time on a daily basis, be always open to address any issue, promoting their sense of self-worthiness, self-esteem, confidence and hope about themselves and life, to respect themselves and to healthy and good boundaries, that way nobody would be able to use, abuse or neglect them at all.

Teach them to be accountable from early age, to take responsibility for their own feelings, choices and actions, to respect other people's points of view, to be flexible and willing to change for better, to take good care not only of their personal responsibilities but to help all the other family members as much as possible, and as previously stated, model all the skills and values, behaviors and habits you want them to develop in themselves.

Finally be always open to change, learn and grow, learning from them and creating a healthy family climate, where they could feel comfortable, safe and supported.

Does this help?