Bonnie, Psychologist
Experience:  and pediatric nurse practitioner with 30 years of experience counseling parents.

what should i do if my 15 year old saw me smoking pot

Hello and thank you for consulting JA,

Sorry you find yourself in this delicate situation. Adolescents often say "why can't I do parent does?"

It may be time to open the discussion about the pros and cons of smoking at age 15. You should discuss your beliefs, values and morals about pot. Present him with unbias information about the different sides of the "legalize marijuana" movement. Ask him about his beliefs and let him express his feelings (and accept his feelings) about your choice.

Do a google search on "Pros and Cons of Marijuana Use" to get some ideas for your discussion. (I tried to do it for you but these sites are not allowed on my work wifi).

I hope this helps..
Warm regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He says he cant trust me now and went back to his mothers house for the week....should be my week....

Hi Bill,
Well all the more reason to have the talk about values and morals. It sounds like he is against use of marijuana so you may need to talk to him about why you use (medical reasons, self medication for anxiety) or your may need to consider discontinuing use and let him know you have quit. We are talking about an illegal activity that has benefits in certain situations. But do you want him to think it is okay to break the law?