empathy-reborn, Child Care
Experience:  L3 in CCLD. Acted as a SENCo. Voluntary Exp with Young People of all ages

I get a long with my 12yo step daughter really well, until

Customer Question

I get a long with my 12yo step daughter really well, until she spends time with her father, then she becomes really mean and nasty because her father is doesn't like me and tells her wild stories about how im bad and not to listen to me. Also I don't get support from her grandma (mothers mom), if I punish her for her behavior they comfort her and tell her that I'm just in a bad mood and the behavior persists. The child frequently lies about small things and exhibits a lack of self confidence in her decisions.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  empathy-reborn replied 3 years ago.

empathy-reborn :

empathy-reborn :

Thankyou for your question. I think the best way forward is for You and the daughters mother to sit down and discuss things with her. From this you should form strong boundaries of discipline which you both need to follow through On. When she is honest and tells the truth you should give her lots of praise.