empathy-reborn, Child Care
Experience:  L3 in CCLD. Acted as a SENCo. Voluntary Exp with Young People of all ages

My daughter just graduated from college this year. she went

My daughter just graduated from college this year. she went into the college as an engineering major and graduated as an English major. I understand that the school she went is very competitive and I am fine with her switching the major if she thinks that that is what she wants to do. she intends to continue getting her master's in writing at the same college. she is staying with us now and I noticed that she sleeps till noon every day and not contact any of her friends. however, she seems fine with us or with our family friends and their kids when we have get together occasionally. It seems that she does not really know what she wants to do in the future and does not intend to do anything or think it through. I am frustrated with her sleeping every morning ( my husband and I both work very hard). Also I feel she is very content with current situation and is not eager to find a job. I do not know what approach I should take to persuade her to set her goal and work on it rather than wasting all the time on sleeping. Thank you

empathy-reborn :

empathy-reborn :

Thanyou for your question.

empathy-reborn :

I completelylying understand your concerns. You need to first give yourself praise for addressing this as quickly as you have.

empathy-reborn :

My advice would be to continue with the target setting but make sure they are SMART (Smart Measurable Achievable Targets). I would advise that you review these every two weeks to ensure that your daughter keeps improving.

empathy-reborn :

With regard to the sleeping. She neessneeds to practice hygienic sleep where she goes bed and wake up at the same time every day.

Dear Wendy,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your positive rating. I would also like to check in to see how things are progressing. If you require further assistance with implementing my advice, then please don't hesitate to contact me again.

Best wishes,

Thomas Constable.