Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

My 9 yr. old daughter just finished last (by a huge margin)

My 9 yr. old daughter just finished last (by a huge margin) in a race at school today in front of the entire school. She is crushed. What are the best things I can say to her to help support her? She is VERY sad. Thanks!
Hi there, what have you tried?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I told her I was proud of her because she stuck with and finished the race. ( it was a 1/4 mile race).
I think this is one of those life lessons that need to be learned the hard way, and as parents, we can't fix the situation. I would have said the same thing and added that we can't win them all. She'll get over it. Now if this is a pattern for her of not being a good sport when she loses then we can talk other strategies. If not then I say you have done what you can.