Cher
Cher, Teacher
Experience:  Extensive Experience working with Children/Teens; M.A. Teacher/Tutor 40+ yrs.; Parent of 2
1470369

How can I get my son to do things when I ask him to?

Customer Question

Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 3 years ago.
Hi there, can I get a little more information? How old is he? How long have the problems been going on? What specifically do you want him to do that he won't? What things have you tried?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He just turned 6 last weeks. He has never been a great listener. When I want him to do something, he always says he's not ready.
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Expert has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Expert thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Expert to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer from a new Expert. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I can wait. That is fine with me.
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Expert for you.

Expert:  JaRee1993 replied 3 years ago.
Good morning, My name is ***** ***** I am a mental health counselor. I would like to assist you with your question concerning your son. I would like to gather a little more information from you concerning the issue if you do not mind. If you would like to talk with me concerning your son just reply to my message and I will respond as soon as I read your message. Thank you for contacting Just Answer. Ja`Ree
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm here.
Expert:  JaRee1993 replied 3 years ago.
Good morning, I am sorry I was not available when you were on last night. May I ask how his behavior is outside of not doing what you ask him to do? When he says he is not ready is he angry or calm. Does he yell or cry? What do you do when he says he is not ready? If you can give me this information I may be able to give you some suggestions of things to try with him as soon as I read your reply. Thank you again for contacting Just Answer. Ja`Ree