proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

What would you do if you saw an elderly man (husband of the

What would you do if you saw an elderly man (husband of the schools founder and in his mid 80's) looking at graphic pornography at school . He did not appear to be "too aware" of what he was doing as he couldn't tell I had a full view of the computer screen. There were no children nearby. At times he is left to supervise children and usually falls asleep. The principal is this mans daughter and it would be difficult to talk to her, though her first responsibility should be the children. There is not a school board or accrediting body for this family run school. I am not comfortable leaving my children there, and don't feel comfortable about sharing this. I tried to speak to him and he avoided the conversation or couldn't remember.
Hello and Thank You so much for contacting Just Answer. I truly understand that you are in an awkward position and do not really know who to turn to. The action that you probably need to take is to contact your local DCFS office or Department of Child and Family Services. Thoroughly explain the situation and your concerns. They may decide to send out a social worker to investigate the situation further. The safety and well being of the children at the school is always a number one concern and pornography should not be anywhere near such precious children. Additionally if you do not feel comfortable with your children around the elderly man, then you may need to find another school.

Hope this provided you with a direction. Have a great evening and an awesome weekend. Take care!