Bonnie
Bonnie, Psychologist
Experience:  and pediatric nurse practitioner with 30 years of experience counseling parents.
37122071

What should I tell my seven-year-old daughter to say to her

What should I tell my seven-year-old daughter to say to her school friends when her friends call her names?
Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thanks so much for reaching out, but I don't need legal advice. I requested a parenting coach -- could you please share this with one of your parenting coach colleagues on Pearl.com?
I will be glad to opt-out and to request for your question to be moved to Pearl parenting category.
Hi and thank you for being an active JA/PEARL Customer,
There are 2 ways to handle this bullying:
DIRECT: Please do not call me names. It hurts my feelings. If you do it again I will need to tell the teacher....or...If you do that people will not like you.
FOGGING: "You could be right". This strategy usually stops the bully because they are not getting the response they expected.
Here is a highly recommended book with many more strategies:
http://www.amazon.com/Stick-Up-Yourself-Personal-Self-Esteem/dp/1575420686/ref=pd_sim_b_2
I hope this helps....
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This definitely helps -- thank you so much! I really appreciate your insights. Two follow-ups:I'm confused -- what is JA/Pearl?Could you share a few more strategies from the Book you recommend?
The name of the website you ask your question to is Just Answer (JA) (also known as Pearl.com). I noticed that you use our service for expert advice a lot. I will be back with more suggestions as soon as I can.
Regards, Bonnie
Hello again,
Sorry to make you wait so long for your follow-up answer. Here is a website with more ideas.
http://www.cyh.com/HealthTopics/HealthTopicDetailsKids.aspx?p=335&np=287&id=2411#3
Hope this helps.
Bonnie, Psychologist
Experience: and pediatric nurse practitioner with 30 years of experience counseling parents.